I'm a fun-loving, mildly eccentric, free-spirited kind of girl with a passion for books. From an early age, I've always had scenes playing out in my head. Whether it was a story with a moral or a tale with a twist, those ideas have never let me sleep until I wrote them out. And considering I have an eclectic ensemble of stories swarming in my brain at any given time, I write under a couple pen names to accommodate the various genre categories.
(Historical & Contemporary Adult Romance)
From the daunting, charismatic Vikings, to the charming, brazen Alpha male heroes of modern day, you'll be whisked away to a world filled with fast-paced adventure, unforgettable romance, and undying love.
(Must be 18 years or older)
(Lighthearted, Fancy-free Women's Fiction/Chick Lit)
For those who love to read fun, wholesome, and endearing romantic stories (with a smidgen of spunk) that your mother, sisters, friends, and daughters can enjoy.
(Historical Fantasy for all ages)
Where fantasy, fast-paced adventure, and fairy tales come to life.
Books coming soon....
- Yes, that IS me on the cover of USA Today Bestselling author, Shelly Thacker's AFTER SUNDOWN with cover model Billy Freda.
- I have the best job in the world because I get to go to work every day in my pajamas (if I choose to.)
- I'm a huge Moonlight, Hawaii 5-0, and Supernatural fan.
- The two people in the world that I'd love to meet the most would be Gerard Butler and Nora Roberts.
- My favorite drink 24-7 is coffee.
- My favorite alcoholic drink is an Irish Coffee with a shot of Baileys.
- I live on a 100 acre horse farm.
- If I could be transported back in time, I'd want to be an Irish princess who's married to a tall, blond, blue-eyed Norwegian Viking warrior.
- If I had the time (and the talent), I'd paint the image I have in my head of the moment my sister, Lindsey, visited me in my dreams. One day....I'll have that done - though I might have to contract the work out because I'm not an artist.
- I own a 1975 Corvette Stingray.
- My favorite color is purple.
- My favorite authors are Margaret Ethridge, Kimberly Killion, and Nora Roberts.
- I love to ride horses with my family and friends.
- I could eat Graeter's Ice Cream EVERY night, Black Raspberry Chip to be exact.
- A worn out pair of blue jeans is my idea of the new black.
- I will go to Ireland and Scotland - one day! And you'll probably here me scream with uncontrollable excitement when I do.
- My bucket list never stops growing...
Behind The Project
If you want to know where Ræliksen came from, then we should start at the beginning. I had been writing this story for more than 12 years, often putting it on the back burner when things would get busy. Being a mother of two and living on a farm, things tended to go that route more often than not. Come later, when I would go back to writing on it, I seemed to find that I was never pleased with the flow of the story; or that the characters were not being true to themselves that day; or that the plot was just too watery the next time I dabbled at the keyboard. I'd work on it for months at a time, only to - in severe frustration - hit the delete button and start completely over.
One day in April 2005, my beautiful sister, Lindsey, was visiting and I asked her to read the first chapter. She did and I asked her excitedly - yet with some trepidation, as I was placing myself upon the chopping block - "Well? What do you think?". Her reply, and I quote, was "I think you need to finish it." Now at the time, I thought to myself, Well, that was a safe response. And I did not think much more about it, but continued on as I had been, making no real commitment to "finishing it."
A few months later, on a rainy July morning, Lindsey was suddenly killed in a car accident on her way to school. As you can imagine, it devastated our family and left many with an empty chasm in their hearts. It was very hard on all of us, yet I had a place for the pain and the tears, for it was only a few months after her passing that I actually heard her words: "I think you need to finish it" and I began writing like a fiend.
For the first time, the words poured out of me and it was her encouragement that kept me going. Lindsey was truly my inspiration for this book, and without her "safe response" I know this book would never have been written. I am eternally grateful for her and the spark she lit within me.
So finally after three long years, Ræliksen - in its entirety - has emerged and has finally become a reality for me.
But my dream did not stop there...
On May 7th, 2010, I signed my first book deal with Turquoise Morning Press at the West Baden in French Lick, Indiana at a Career Writer's Network Workshop. It was a three-book deal of my Emerald Isle Trilogy including:
- the re-release of Ræliksen (August 2010)
- Mac Liam (December 2010)
- and The Fall of Rain (December 2011)
Other books contracted are:
- Silent Partner (April 2011)
- The Temperate Warrior (December 2012)
|Author Maddie James & Renee Vincent|